Does the Bible Justify Homosexuality?
The purpose of this post is to refute the argument that "The Bible justifies homosexuality." Scientist have already proved that people are not born that way nor is it genetic. I think one of the greatest proofs of that is the thousands who have come out from that lifestyle to go straight, marry and have a family.
Let me make it clear that I am not bashing or hating anyone. I know there are some mean spirited people whose agenda is to show or display hate toward homosexuals. My only purpose here is to refute their claim that the Bible OK's their lifestyle. I have a few homosexual/lesbian friends who I love very much. I understand they struggle with these strong desires churning within like wild waves. They are not activist and they know it is a sin they are enslaved with. They also know Jesus is the liberator. I have lovingly told them that their lifestyle is a sin and that Jesus loves them and wants them to repent and trust Him as their Savior.
I have a calling on my life as all Christians to: “Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.”
And also, "Cry aloud, spare not, lift up your voice like a trumpet, and show my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins" (Isa. 58:1).
Should I just keep my mouth shut when it comes to sins like homosexuality? Speaking against homosexuality may soon become a hate crime law in which offenders will be prosecuted as criminals. A homosexual lifestyle is accepted and promoted by mainstream media, liberal politicians and denominations. These are those who refuse sound doctrine and have turned away their ears from the truth. Those who do stand, preach and warn the transgressors are labeled as intolerant hate mongers! But the real intolerant hate mongers are the gay activist who are not only engaged in homosexuality but claim that God made them that way. That is my GRIPE, accusing God for their sin. Sounds like Adam in the Garden of Eden, "And the man said, the woman who you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat". Sounds like he's blaming God for giving him the woman!
If it is not a sin, and these practices are normal and virtuous, then we should not be speaking or discriminating against them. But if it is a sin, then we should certainly speak out against it just as we should against adultery, idolatry, lying, stealing, etc. Let's look at the Scriptural facts with unbiased, open minds. If we are interested in obedience to Jesus Christ then we should be eager to know the truth one way or the other. What does the Bible say?
Lev. 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
And what does the Scriptures say about MEN WITH MEN AND WOMEN WITH WOMEN?
"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even  their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also  the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense [penalty] of their error which was meet [due]" (Rom. 1:26-27).
Let's address this biblical argument that gays activists are leveling on their critics, because it is becoming more and more common: "The Bible encourages love and acceptance."
1. - "God accepts those who fear Him and work righteousness." Acts 10
2. The Bible condemns homosexuality every time it is mentioned.
3. Reason given for Sodom and Gomorrah's destruction. Jude's commentary, verse 7: "Even as Sodom and Gomorra, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to immoral sex, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."
4. I Corinthians 6 "Homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God... And such were some of you, but you are washing and saved in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of God.
5. Romans 1 - Homosexuals acts are called "vile affections... even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature, and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men doing what which is grossly improper, and receiving in themselves the consequences they deserve."
The rebuttals from gay activist who use the Bible to defend their lifestyle are ludicrous. They say, "You are a hypocrite if you condemn gays with Leviticus and eat shrimp?"
(Leviticus 18 and 20) The ceremonial and dietary commandments given at Mt. Sinai were for the Jews. They are rendered optional in the New Testament whereas the moral law existed before Mt. Sinai and was reiterated in the New Testament.
Another popular rebuttal: "Judge not, lest ye be judged"
1. Matthew 7:1-5 forbids hypocritical judgment "Judge not lest ye be judged, for with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged. ... Thou hypocrite, first cast the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to cast the speck of wood out of your brother's eye."
2. Christians are commanded to "judge righteous judgment" in John 7:24, I Corinthians 2:15 and 6:2-3
3. Homosexuals are just as judgmental, only different standard that is contradictory and self-refuting
The conflict is ultimately the conflict Adam and Eve had in the Garden of Eden: "By what standard shall we live?" God's Word or the devil's lies.
Submission to God vs. Rebellion, both individually and as a nation. "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" but "the wicked will be turned into hell, and every nation that forgets God."
Propaganda is like darkness, and cannot withstand the light. In my experience, the proponents of homosexual propaganda are frequently cowards and unwilling to openly debate this subject. It's so much easier to just call them names from a distance. I won't be involved in name calling. My plea is that all (homosexual/lesbian, fornicator, adulterer/adulteress. thief, murderer, drunkard, etc.) will come to Christ for salvation. The Bible is clear that no one who continues to practice sin will enter God's Heaven.
1 Cor. 6: 9-11 "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortionist, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God".
Lord, please use this to help someone come to you. Use it to convict and convince. God Bless!